- I will be at Starworks at Star, North Carolina from January until April 2018.
- I will be aboard the tallship, Antigua this summer and will spend May until September 2018 in the Arctic of Svalbard/Spitsbergen.
- This past October of 2017 I participated in the Arctic Circle Artist Residency. For a month long residency, artists, scientists, and educators worked together on an arctic vessel in Longyearbyen, Norway to create work. For more information about the residency, click here: http://www.thearcticcircle.org/#
- Sam Schumacher (Rocketworks Glass), James Friedberg and I made a portable glassblowing furnace (20lb crucible) in 2017. My goal is to take glass outside of the traditional confines of the studio setting, and allow it to be accessible in other ways. I want to be able to teach and demonstrate the art and process of glass blowing, portably. Not only will we make functional pieces, a goal of this furnace is to work experimentally and collaboratively. I would also like to work on my own art process and bring it to the outdoors to blow glass in nature, capturing the movement and forms of the natural world around us. Normally, one would have to bring nature into the studio. This way, it's possible to bring the furnace outside and truly be site specific. If you, an organization, or someone you know is interested in learning more about the furnace or having the furnace come visit to blow glass, please reach out! Email me in the 'contact' section. Thank you!
Photos of the furnace-building process:
- I post a lot of my life on Instagram. Follow me here: